|Our New York natural beef benefits are surprising to most consumers. People don't realize how different the nutritional value of the exact same product can be depending on how it was actually produced. Would you like to get the following health benefits without actually changing what you eat, but simply eating food that was raised differently? Following are a few benefits to eating New York natural beef that is primarily grass-fed (naturally raised) vs. feedlot beef that is fed a diet primarily of grain:
- New York natural beef is leaner and may have up to 50% less fat than feedlot beef. Switching from feedlot to grassfed beef could save the average person up to 17,000 calories per year.
- Beef from pastured cattle is up to four times higher in Vitamin E than beef from feedlot cattle.
- Beef cattle raised primarily on pasture will have three to five times more CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) than beef fed primarily grain.
- Significantly reduce your risk of E. coli: Beef raised on a diet of all or primarily grain have dramatically higher risks of E. coli contamination
- Increase your Omega-3 fatty acid intake: Pastured natural beef has two to four times more Omega-3 than feedlot/grocery store beef.
- Eat New York natural beef with a more balanced ratio of Omega-3 fats to Omega-6 fats.
Why are their so many benefits to New York natural beef?
Cattle are ruminants and are designed to eat a vegetarian diet based around high fiber forage. Grain is the opposite of their ideal diet as it is low in fiber compared to grass. Grain based diets cause the digestive tract to become abnormally acidic. This acidic environment allows E. coli to multiply.
The natural diet of cattle is green grass that is naturally high in Omega-3 fats because it is formed in their green leaves, as well as Vitamin E. When cattle are placed on a high grain diet they lose their source of Omega-3’s and thus their ability to store Omega-3’s. They also lose their source of Vitamin E. Omega-3 fat or “fatty acid” is one of the “good fats” that is essential for normal growth and development and plays a role in the prevention of heart disease, cancer, and arthritis, to name a few. An important fact is that Omega-3 fats MUST come from your diet because your body cannot make them.
Beef from grassfed ruminants is also one of the best known sources of Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), and may contain up to five times the amount of CLA as meat from primarily grain-fed cattle. CLA is proving to be one of the best defenses in preventing cancer.